BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND Gaia Layouts »

Sunday, June 26, 2011

And we're off.

I tried using Tumblr, I did, but it was meant more for re-blogging than real-blogging. (See what I did there?). Besides, old habits die hard. I've literally been blogging for nearly five years, and I would rather have a neglected blog than no blog at all.
There are many, many thing that I have to say and do with my life. At some point this week, I have to write my annual post-mortem of year post, and I should have done this a long time ago, but something better than nothing I guess.
This is my, what, fifth blog url. I feel so old, but I guess, when you got to move you just got to move. I love the feel of a new blog. Starting afresh.
Can you really start afresh though? When you have the baggage of time behind you, can you really just start over, disregard the past and move on? And even if you could, would you want to? It would be like having amnesia. But amnesiacs generally tend to be disoriented and confused. I'd rather be jaded and worse for the wear than just eternally confused about simple things, my whereabouts, and my existence.
I missed having a blog for this exact reason. To rant on and on. To hear the rhythm of a keyboard.
Old habits die hard.

0 comments: